For someone who has restrictive space in their home, no access to an outside garden or backyard, or just for someone who loves to bring the outdoors in, indoor plants low lights are perfect. These magnificent plants are perfect for a novice gardener and someone who has a very busy life. So, these plants make it possible for anyone and everyone to enjoy the greenery and fresh air in their home regardless of the size of the house. Here is your useful guide to the best indoor plants for low lights, as well as some answers to your questions.
What do indoor plants low lights mean?
“Low light” means that these amazing plants don’t require direct light from the sun. This is perfect for someone that lives in a small space and has restrictive access to a window or sunlight. These plants could easily live a few feet away from the window as opposed to next to it or even a few feet away from artificial light. To continue, since these plants use low light, they use up less food as well as less energy.
Why choose indoor plants low lights?
Plants give a sense of tranquility, a boost in your mood, as well as an increase in productivity. Not to mention how beneficial they are for your health and wellbeing. This is great for someone who travels, has a busy life, and wants to have a hassle-free plant in their home. Therefore, someone who previously resorted to artificial plants just to include some greenery in their home can now enjoy the gift of the finest plants.
The best indoor plants for low lights
There is a wide variety of these plants to choose from, but here are the best ones that we have chosen just for you.
- Pothos plant- These plants are great shade-loving plants. You can also get the hanging pothos plant, which is perfect for anyone with a restrictive living space or someone that suffers from crowding in their home. It doesn’t take any floor space and is out of your way. Above all, it is out of reach of children and pets so that your plants can grow safe and sound.
- Ivy- These easily recognizable plants don’t require much water because they prefer to be kept on the dryer side. They can easily be hung as well and are very effective in cleaning toxins from the air.
- Calathea- Similarly, these exotic-looking plants can thrive in low light and are great for cleaning the air. Just by having these plants in your home, you can have healthier air and indoor climate. Fun fact: these special plants close their leaves at night and open them in the morning!
- Peace Lily- Peace Lily plants will bloom several times of the year, so you don’t need to worry about planting them annually. These beautiful plants are characterized by their majestic white petal.
- ZZ Plant- Lucky for you, ZZ plants are one of the toughest indoor plants. They can survive and even thrive in low light as well as high amounts of light. So, they are adaptable to almost any environment.
- Lucky or Good Fortune Bamboo- This plant doesn’t even require soil. It can grow perfectly fine in water that is changed once a week. Likewise, it can grow in heavily moist soil. Moreover, according to Feng Shui, it attracts positive energy, which is supposed to bring good health, peace, happiness, prosperity, and of course, good luck!
What are the best uses for indoor plants for low lights?
Because they are indoor, shade-loving plants, these plants are perfect anywhere in the home or indoor. But, we have some ideas of where to put them if you are not sure. You can display them with other plants and flowers, in your home office, in your dining room, in the room you spend the most time in, in the living room or family room, or in your bedroom. Another wonderful idea is to give them as gifts to others. They are incredibly thoughtful and will make anyone happy to receive them.
What can you gift the plants with?
Anyone would absolutely love to receive one of these plants, but if you pair them with these gifts, they will love their gift even more.
- Fruit gift basket: This is perfect for someone who lives a healthy lifestyle. With these two gifts, they can have healthy air and a healthy diet. On the other hand, who doesn’t love delicious and nutritious fruit?
- Occasion gift baskets: These plants are perfect for someone who is moving to a new home. So, you can pair them with a nice house gift basket that will be sure to put a smile on their face. Nevertheless, you can pair these plants with any occasion gift baskets. They are perfect for birthdays, congratulations, thank-yous, graduations, anniversaries, and more.
- Gardening set: If you are gifting someone indoor plants low lights, then a gardening set to go with it is a marvelous idea. Because of the thoughtful addition to the plant, they will not have any difficulty with it and will be able to enjoy it fully.
- Home decoration: Indoor plants make great home decorations, so giving them another decoration to display together is perfect. You can give pictures, signs, floating shelves, mirrors, vases, pots, and more.