Phalaenopsis Orchid – Two Planters
Phalaenopsis orchid – two planters make beautiful indoor plants that last so much longer than the fleeting longevity of flowers. In fact, Phalaenopsis are one of the longest blooming orchids, with the flowers lasting from 2 to 6 months. When the orchid is mature, it can bloom a couple of times a year.
They’re available in lots of colors – pinks, whites, yellow and purple while some even have some spots.
Caring for your Phalaenopsis Orchid
- Phalaenopsis orchids love a warm climate and can thrive indoors in a warm home.
- They enjoy the light but they don’t want to be put on a window-sill for instance where direct sunlight could burn the leaves. A sheer curtain will provide ideal light and warmth conditions for your orchid.
- The orchid doesn’t grow in soil but in a mix of bark and moss.
- The Phalaenopsis Orchid likes you watering it early in the morning on the days the mix it grows in is dry. The flower wants rain-water or distilled water about once a week. Make sure that the saucer under the pot never accumulates water so as to avoid fungal rot.
- You’ll need to feed your Orchid. Special Orchid food is available at the garden center you got your orchid from and you can follow the directions on the label as to how to feed it.
- When your orchid has flowered for the first time, cut the stem just above the node where the first flower bloomed. A new flower may well appear in a month or two.
- Spring is a good time to report.
When it comes to indoor plants in Toronto, there is always a magnificent selection of orchids and other indoor plants to choose from. Toronto Bulk Flowers ensures that you always get healthy, lush plants to give them a good start.